|The Porter Medical Center Auxiliary
The Porter Medical Center Auxiliary is made up of roughly 200 members from the community, who support the mission of the Porter Medical Center through financial contributions and through the provision of services for our patients, their families and our staff.
The Auxiliary is always looking for new members. We'd like to invite you to join us in our support of our local medical center and rehabilitation center.
What Does the Auxiliary Do?
Since its founding in 1934, the Porter Auxiliary has raised over $1,000,000 for Porter Medical Center. The Auxiliary administers a variety of programs and entities that support the PMC and Helen Porter Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, including the Round Robin Upscale Resale Shop (the largest fund-raising activity of the Auxiliary), various fundraisers and special events, holiday decorations throughout the holiday season, and more. The Auxiliary is proud to be supporting health care initiatives and services across the organization.
Auxiliary board members meet for a business luncheon once a month at Porter Medical Center, at which the board discusses upcoming responsibilities regarding membership, fundraising efforts, and event planning. Once a year, board members approve the distribution of funds, and vote on the election of officers. Speakers from the medical center also present on a variety of medical center needs that arise throughout the fiscal year.
How We Help
The PMC Auxiliary assists with these and other valuable programs and needs:
- Major gifts, such as $250,000 for the Birthing Center/Surgical Care Center and $131,000 for a new patient monitoring system for the Medical/Surgical unit
- Scholarships to local high school students interested in careers in health and wellness
- Funding for special projects that improved patient experience, safety, and comfort, recently these have included a new orthopedic surgical table, a new ultrasound machine, warm robes for mammogram patients, renovation to Helen Porter Nursing Home rooms, and handicapped accessible nature trail for the residents of Helen Porter
- Auxiliary-administered businesses and fundraising events throughout the year which provide continuing sources of income for our yearly initiatives
Why Should I Join?
- The opportunity to support Medical Center patients, their families and staff while meeting incredible new people
- Access to exclusive volunteer opportunities, both within and beyond the hospital
- Opportunity to apply your skills and expertise to something you’ll feel good about
How Can I Join?
Join us! Help make a difference in our community. Meet new friends. Participate in a variety of fun events throughout the year. All adults – women and men, ages 18 and over – are eligible for membership.
To become an Auxiliary member, please choose from the following registration options:
By Email - PorterAuxiliary@gmail.com
By Phone - 802.388.4744
President - Anne Collins
Vice President - Eliza Eaton
Secretary - Kerry Bolduc
Treasurer - Sue Burdick
Member at large - Ben Marks
For More Information
For more information about the Auxiliary or volunteering opportunities, contact us at PorterAuxiliary@gmail.com or find us on Facebook.
For more information about our special events and fundraising opportunities, check out our Events Page.