Porter Hospital is a Critical Access Hospital founded in 1925, and offers comprehensive medical care and 24-hour emergency services. The Porter Hospital Medical Staff consists of more than 60 physicians offering primary care and an array of specialty medical care.
The Hospital completed a series of major capital construction and renovation projects during the 1990’s in order to ensure that its facilities and technology are up-to-date including renovation of the Medical/Surgical Unit and construction of a new Emergency/Radiology Unit.
- State-of-the-art CT Scanning and MRI technology (photo)
- Totally renovated inpatient and outpatient facilities (1996)
- New Emergency/Radiology wing (1996)
- Comprehensive Network of Primary Care Physicians and Specialists
- High quality medical services in a small community setting
inpatient, outpatient, and physician-staffed emergency department
- A variety of health education programs for the entire family and courses for expectant parents
- Outstanding maternity services provided by OB/GYN specialists, family practice physicians, and certified nurse-midwives.
- Breast Health Resource Center
- Joint Replacement Center - The Champlain Center for Joint Replacement (CCfJR) is a collaboration between Champlain Valley Orthopedics (orthopedic surgery practice) and Porter Medical Center of Middlebury, Vermont.
- Porter Laboratory offers laboratory services and information on requirements for tests offered.
Introduction of other new diagnostic services, including mobile MRI and CT scanning have been implemented in recent years. In 2007 Porter completed its new Surgical Care Center and Birthing Center. (More information on Porter Hospital)